Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Z's

Today I reflected on sleep. Yep, I did that the whole day, outdoors, indoors and whilst conversing with friends and housemates. Isn't it funny how much sleep effects your day, your mood-swings, your personality, and projections thereof? My reflections quite surprised me, considering I slept like an energized guinea pig on any given night; if I were to take timestamps of my waking hours, it would be 2am, 5am, 8.30am, 9am, 10am and finally 11am. Sigh.
I guess that’s what two coffees within a time frame of 9 hours can do to you – make you have unsettled sleep; that coupled with unnecessary customer comments and looks that could earn money if they posted themselves on a reality TV show, does not really help.

And it was not even like I was partying all day; I worked all day, slept 7 hours the night before, and generally had a quiet weekend in, so one would think I would sleep well come Sunday night. I guess Sunday’s stress of up-front praying was a factor, but it should not have that effect on me – I’ve done that stuff before.

Anyways I’m digressing very non-linearly, and sounding very non-philosophical; ranting more like. I should keep a personal log - that might be more helpful, keep me from boring others needlessly. But I’ll save that for a rainy day. God willing my Tuesday will be better, after a good night’s sleep. My bed sure is looking comfortable… and on that note.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yip, can't believe I'm checking out your blog.
To further your pondering on sleep you should read 'Counting Sheep' One of my favoutite books, one of the most informative and shaping that I have read, and all on that most glorious of states - sleep!

GJ

Luke said...

Yeah, I can't sleep unbroken all night, either - though apparently people do actually do that!

In a way I don't mind. I love that feeling when I wake up at 5:23am, look at my clock radio, and realise I've got another 3 hours sleep to go. That feeling of relish is almost worth the waking.

And do you ever find you wake up at the exact times every night? I think I actually did indeed wake up at 5.23am with a frightening regularity last year.

Darrell said...

5.23am. Mate that is perfect time for a morning jog in the ambiance of sunrise's sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Yeah boys!

Darrell said...

/\
/\ that's asking
|| to be
|| deleted
||
||