I have had a good dose of Spurgeon in the past 4-5 weeks; not as much as I’d like, but it has been quite a mouthful; on second thoughts - in hindsight - I have been biting off just enough to chew on regularly.
One of Spurgeon’s writings had me in its grips: The walk of a Christian to realize on a daily basis that he/she needs to depend on God in prayer. The prayer to actively seek the power that God wants to give us to conquer sin in our lives - God knows that we cannot overcome sin in our own power, nor has he left us alone to do so; he has given us his Holy Spirit who empowers us.
If you do not already, I urge you to ask our LORD Jesus to reveal himself to you; that for this day, he may shine on you light from heaven, bestowing his Grace, Mercy and Peace on you -- that He would reign, in your heart and in your life for his glory.
...Sharing in the Holy Spirit and tasting the goodness of the Word of God does have a side-effect however, it will leave you wanting more.
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment